Chai Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups (420g) Bisquick**
- Tea leaves and spices from 1 pumpkin spice chai teabag
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (60ml) molasses
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups (480ml) low fat milk
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, tea leaves, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until well mixed.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin puree, molasses, melted butter, and milk. Stir to mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture. Stir to get ingredients well incorporated and a smooth batter forms.
- Pour ½ cup batter onto a pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, or jam.
**Please substitute with 3 cups (450g) all-purpose flour and 3 tsp baking powder , if preferred.
Recipe by Tea Tattler at http://www.teatattler.com/2012/12/chai-gingerbread-pumpkin-waffles/