Easy to assemble Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts using ready-to-fill tart shells. Only minutes to prepare the toppings and sauce on the stove top.
The summer heat is in high gear here in Minnesota. With the incessant rain comes the humidity. Sweet desserts are a relief from the muggy weather but I loathe to turn on the oven. Good thing I chance upon some ready-to-fill tart shells for these mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts.
It took only a few minutes to prepare the blueberry sauce on the stove while the sliced almonds were toasting in the toaster oven. The rest of the cool ingredients were whipped up in no time at all. Even the assembly of the tarts were a breeze.
Please do not omit the ground almonds as they provide texture and fragrance. We really enjoyed these Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts. They were were a quick and easy treat for the family.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tarts
- 1½ cups blueberries (rinsed and thoroughly drained) (225g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (120ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz cream cheese (softened) (55g)
- 4 pieces ready-to-fill tart shells (each one measuring 3 to 3¼ in diameter)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (toasted) (30g)
- Combine ½ cup (75g) blueberries, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar, about 4 to 5 minutes. Removed and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon sugar. Whip with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Grind toasted sliced almonds until fine.
- Place tart shells on a large plate. Fill each shell with a teaspoon of ground almonds.
- Top with a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Then, divide remaining blueberries equally among the 4 tart shells.
- Top each tart with whipped cream and drizzle with blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ground almonds.