Super easy Asparagus Mushroom Crustless Quiche with seasonal vegetables perfect for Mother’s Day or any day. Also a delicious brunch idea for the weekends.
Some weeks back, I was pleasantly surprised by a call from a friend whom I have not seen for a while. We immediately made plans to meet up at our favorite restaurant for some girlfriend time. It was so much fun catching up. We discovered that we now share a passion for photography. This calls for some serious “shop talk” and so I invited her over to my house the following week.
I was all excited and started planning the lunch menu for her visit. With asparagus in season, I immediately thought of this simple and easy Asparagus Mushroom Crustless Quiche. Since there was just the two of us, I decided that individual servings would work best. I scaled down the egg mixture from this Crustless Quiche with Feta, Olives, and Tomatoes recipe on my other blog, Roti n Rice.
Since this was my first time preparing individual quiches, I was a little anxious. The preparation was easy enough and took only a few minutes. I placed both quiches in the oven and was happy to see them puffing up beautifully. Needless to say, we had our cameras all fully loaded and ready to go. As soon as these babies came out of the oven, we were clicking away like there was no tomorrow. We had so much fun! 🙂 Of course, we also had a delicious lunch together with this Bruschetta al Pomodoro and my friend’s lovely spring fruit salad. Enjoy!
Asparagus Mushroom Crustless Quiche
- 4 spears asparagus (trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 inch lengths)
- 4 mushrooms ( thinly sliced)
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or milk (80ml)
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese (55g)
- 1/3 cup Bisquick (45g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 grape tomatoes (cut into halves)
- Butter two individual 5-inch pie plates.
- Divide asparagus and mushrooms evenly between the two pie plates. Sprinkle tarragon over the asparagus and mushrooms.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Add half-and-half, cream cheese, Bisquick, salt, and pepper. Continue to beat until well mixed.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between the two pie plates. Top with grape tomatoes cut side up.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes or until eggs are puffed and tops are golden brown.