These fun and tasty Cup-Adorning Lemon Cookies are able to cling to the side of your teacup or mug. They are great for tea time or snack time.
In the summer I am across a set of Cup-Adorning Cookie Cutters that were too cute to pass up. The set came with a recipe booklet and two cookie cutters in the shape of a boy and a girl. They are made by the same company that issued the Nativity set I used last Christmas for my Gingerbread Nativity over at Roti n Rice.
This Cup-Adorning Lemon Cookies set is definitely a much simpler set but one that is quite fun. I really like the idea of the shapes being able to cling to the side of my teacup. Aren’t they adorable? 🙂
There are two recipes in the little booklet – lemon and chocolate. I decided on these pale colored Cup-Adorning Lemon Cookies. I made some changes to the recipe and added a little lemon extract to give the cookies a stronger lemon flavor. The dough is pretty soft, so be sure to chill it well before rolling and cutting.
Cup-Adorning Lemon Cookies
- 1 stick butter (softened) (113g)
- 1/3 cup sugar (75g)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour (265g)
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, salt, and lemon extract and beat for another minute.
- Add flour and lemon zest. Beat until just combine.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Place dough between two sheets of plastic and roll out to about ¼ inch thick. Cut out shapes with cup adorning cookie cutters.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Many have asked about these Birkmann VIP VI Children Cookie Cutter Set. If you are interested, they can be purchased here.
These Cup-Adorning Lemon Cookies are also a delight for Christmas and the holidays. They are seen here with M&M, Hugs, and Kisses Holiday Pretzels which are super easy to make.