The holiday season is the best time to prepare special treats for breakfast. I like to have a few loaves of sweet breads on hand. It is wise to stock up on flour, eggs, and milk as pancakes and waffles are also on the menu. They may take a little time to prepare but that is not a problem at all since there is no need to rush for work and school.
When I saw Mellisa of Chindeep sharing her ♦ Chai Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles ♦ on Facebook, I knew I had to make them soon. They look so golden and delicious. I had all the ingredients needed in my well stocked pantry and it took just minutes to prepare. I did swap out the all-purpose flour with Bisquick and made minor changes to the amounts of the other ingredients to suit the needs and tastes of the family.
I was able to make 10 eight-inch waffles with the amount of batter available. We each ate one and I froze the rest. The boys totally enjoyed the waffles and look forward to another batch tomorrow. The waffles were light, fragrant, and delicious! The molasses and pumpkin gave them a nice golden color, so perfect for the holidays!
Thanks Melissa for a wonderful recipe, one that I will make again and again!
Chai Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles
- 3 cups Bisquick ** (420g)
- 1 pumpkin spice chai tea bag (remove tea and spices from the tea bag)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (250g)
- ¼ cup molasses (60ml)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 cups low fat milk (480ml)
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, tea leaves, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until well mixed.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin puree, molasses, melted butter, and milk. Stir to mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture. Stir to get ingredients well incorporated and a smooth batter forms.
- Pour ½ cup batter onto a pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, or jam.
Let’s put the kettle on, it is time for tea! 😎